Hello Beauties, Welcome to my blog. Today I am going to tell you about the most basic things you need in your makeup bag. In my opinion, Makeup is a very personal choice and it should be according to every person’s choice not as what is going on trend or being used by every other person.
Firstly if you are a beginner then do not invest in high end or too expensive products. Start from buying good drug store products or good local makeup products according to your need. Here is the list of some basic makeup essentials all you need.
1. Moisturiser And Primer: First thing you need in your make up bag is a good moisturizer to moisturize ur face nicely and prep the skin for makeup application you don’t have to go for any specific moisturizer anything that suits ur skin type and easy on the pocket is good to go. After the moisturizer, you need a primer to apply before your foundation basically a makeup primer is a cream, gel, or liquid designed to create a smooth base for your makeup. It works to fill in pores, absorb excess oil and even out your skin texture so your foundation goes on smoother, appears more natural, and lasts much longer. Here are some suggestions for moisturizer and primer:
- Moisturiser: Nivea Soft Cream (For all skin types )
- Beautify By Amna 24 k serum (For normal to dry skin)
- Primer :Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer
- Beautify By Amna silicon primer
2.Foundation And Concealer: Foundation shade should be always the same as your skin tone, Not Lighter or Darker than your own skin colour. If you select lighter shade than your actual skin tone it will turn grey after some time. Now the question that how u get to know your exact shade. For Getting the perfect shade of ur foundation u need to know the undertone of your skin whether it’s Cool , Neutral or Warm. The best way to determine your undertone is to look at the veins in your wrist under natural light. Do they look slightly green? If so, you’re warm. If your veins have more of a blue tint or even a hint of purple, your undertones are cool. If you see a mix, then you may have neutral undertones. After you know what is ur undertone u can easily get ur foundation shade
Tip: Whenever u buy a foundation do not match the shade by applying it on the hands or directly to the face but rather apply it to jawline or neck because face or hands complexion may change due to weather or some other factors. By applying it to the jawline or neck u can get the exact shade of our skin tone. ⠀
Concealer: Concealer is usually thicker than a foundation and is used to hide different pigments by blending the imperfection into the surrounding skin tone. I suggest you get the same shade or one shade darker than ur actual skin tone to conceal your dark circles.⠀
- Suggestions for Foundation And Concealers:⠀
- Maybelline Fit Me luminous and dewy foundation for Normal to dry skin ⠀
- Revolution fast base stick can be used for oily and normal to dry skin. ⠀
- ALZEEM beauty Ultra HD foundation for Oily skin ⠀
- Concealer: Maybelline Age rewind conceal ⠀
- Maybelline Fit me Concealer
3. Eyebrow Pencil /Pomade/Powder/Gel: Eyebrow products come in the market in different forms like there are eyebrow pencils, Eyebrow pomade, Eyebrow powder, and Eyebrow gel to shape and fill in ur brows to complete your makeup look. You can use whatever type of eyebrow products which u think suits u the best and easy to use because for beginners it can be a little tricky but the eyebrow look is the GAME CHANGER Of any minimal makeup look to a Full Glam Look.
- Suggestion for eyebrows products :
- Golden Rose Cosmetics Pakistan Eyebrow Styling Kit in the shade 03
- Essence Make Me Brow GEL in the shade 02
4.Mascara And Eyeliner: Mascara is another makeup essential that can change your makeup look completely there are two types of formulas of mascara in the market waterproof and non-water proof mascara water proof mascara stay longer on ur lashes as compared to non-waterproof mascara but I don’t recommend waterproof mascara as it is hard to remove and damage ur lashes as compared to non-waterproof mascara, they take a little time to dry completely on ur lashes after the application but they don’t harm ur lashes and are easy to remove I only use essence I LOVE EXTREME MASCARA (Crazy Volume Mascara) which gives AMAZING VOLUME TO MY LASHES WITHOUT any Damage.
- Eyeliner: For Beginners, it will be difficult for you to select which type of eyeliner is easy to use and equally good as there are gel eyeliner ,Pen liner and liquid eyeliner available in the market but I suggest if you are a beginner go with the pen eyeliner it is easy to use as compared to gel and liquid liner eyeliner should be waterproof and smudge-proof because if it’s not it will surely create a mess and can be time taking in applying.
- The pen liner that I use and recommend is LOREAL Super Slim Eyeliner.
5.Blush And Highlighter: To add some pop of color to your cheeks and nose u need blush in your make up bag. You can go for powder blushes as well as cream blushes but powder blushes are easier to use.
- Highlighter: Highlighter is the new obsession in makeup nowadays Highlighter is basically a makeup product that can be applied to the face or other parts of the body to brighten the skin on a given area.
- Makeup Revolution/Makeup Obsession London in the shade B112 BLOOM, B105 HONEY, B104 FLAME.
- Makeup Revolution /Makeup Obsession in the shade H110 FLAME.
- Zay beauty DRAMA GLOW Highlighter Duo in the shade CHAND TARA
6.Face Setting Powder: Setting Powder helps to set your foundation in place and help to stay for a longer time especially in Summers. Everyone has different skin and different skin needs, so the reasons why and exact usage of setting powder are going to be different for everyone.
For example, most commonly, if you have oily skin then setting powder is necessary to help the makeup from sliding off of your face. In some cases, the setting powder also helps to reduce shine. Others use setting powder to lock their makeup in place, usage of setting powder can be optional or according to your need.
- MAC Select Sheer Pressed in the shade NC40
7. Lipsticks: We all know no makeup kit is complete without lipsticks and no girl have enough lipsticks 😉 But for beginner makeup kit u need to have one RED and One Nude or Pink Lipcolour depends on what shade u like or which suits you other than these three basic shades u can add as much as you want as no girl ever said I Have ENOUGH lipsticks 😀
- MEDORA Of London Matte in the shade Chiffon BLUSH 534 and DEMURE 561
- ZAY BEAUTY MOD SKOT LIQUID LIPSTICKS in the shade RUHI , SIDRA ,SAMRA
- ST LONDON SENSUAL LIPS in the shade BERRY RED AND SCANDAL MAKER
- NYX SOFT MATTE in the shade CANNES
8. MAKEUP BRUSHES AND TOOLS:
The better you have makeup tools the better your makeup application will be all you need is a good beauty blender and makeup brushes according to your need. By Good beauty blender I mean its texture should be soft so that it will blend your foundation and concealer easily otherwise hard beauty blender is of no use. Makeup brushes can be used for applying blush, Highlighter, and also for setting and applying ur face powder to set your face. The quality of makeup brushes can be checked by the softness of brushes bristles they should be soft and not harsh while applying on the face.
- Beautify by amna beauty blender (pink)
- Beautify by amna PRO Makeup Brush Set Regular
- Miniso Makeup Brushes:
What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.